I plan on making these cookies over this long weekend-so I’m not 100% on how they’ll turn out, but if you like lemon, these will probably be perfect for you!
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease baking sheets
- Cream Butter & Sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Whip in Vanilla, Egg, & Lemon Juice. Scrap sides of bowl down and mix again.
- Excluding powdered sugar-Stir in all dry ingredients until just combined. Scrap sides of bowl and mix again briefly.
- Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and coat in the Powdered Sugar and place on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes, until bottoms of cookies are barely browned & cookies look matte in appearance, not shiny or melty looking.
- Remove from oven and cool 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
*Note-if you plan on using a darker non-stick pan, reduce cooking time by 2 minutes.
I have to say, I’m pretty excited to make these cookies! M loves lemon stuff, so I think he will really enjoy these 🙂