Recipe Redux: Pumpkin Dog Cookies
As you can tell, I have two dogs of my own and like to make sure they are getting some of the best stuff on the market. These cookies are made with human grade ingredients and the dogs love them!
Pumpkin Dog Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 TBSP Blackstrap Molasses
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 4 TBSP Water or Beef Broth
- 1/4 TSP Baking Powder
- 2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 TSP Baking Soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Blend together the pumpkin puree, molasses, water/broth, and vegetable oil.
- Stir in cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and flour until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into balls OR roll out and use cookie cutters to make shapes.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until hard and crisp.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Because even your pups need a little lovin’!