Recipe Redux: Smokey Bacon Mac & Cheese
I thought this one up the other night, and enjoyed it! Of course I love cheese and I love bacon, so when you combine those two I’d be in heaven 🙂
Smokey Bacon Mac & Cheese
- 8 ounces Elbow Macaroni
- 1 small block of Velveeta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Liquid Smoke (I used the hickory flavor)
- 3 to 4 strips of Bacon
- 1/4 cup of Milk
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add macaroni. Cook according to package directions.
- Cook bacon until crisp crumble and set aside.
- Once macaroni is done cooking, drain and return to pot. Cube up the Velveeta and put it in with the noodles. Add milk and Liquid Smoke and return to burner on LOW heat.
- Stir and mix until all the Velveeta is melted and noodles are throughly coated. Add bacon crumbles and give a good stir.
This could be a tasty lunch or side dish for dinner. Adjust the Liquid Smoke to your liking if needed.