Recipe: Chicken & Noodles
Love this recipe for old fashioned chicken and noodles! We love to have ours over mashed potatoes, but they are super tasty by themselves as well!
Chicken & Noodles
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Egg Yolks, Beaten
- 1 Whole Egg, Beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Water
- 48 Oz. Chicken Broth or Stock
- 2 Cups (I usually use one large chicken breast) Cooked Chopped Chicken
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (if desired)
- Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Form a well in the center.
- Pour egg and yolks into the well and begin to mix.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time, until dough just begins to form a ball. Turn dough out on to a floured surface and work for a few minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 to 4 smaller balls, and roll each out to 1/4 inch thickness. Slice dough into 1/2 inch wide by 2 inch long strips. Use all your dough!
- Allow noodles to dry for 3 hours (I use either a cookie rack or parchment paper)
- In a large pot, bring broth to a boil. Add chicken and drop noodles in a few at a time to prevent sticking.
- Add thyme and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until noodles are done and sauce begins to thicken.
This recipe makes 6 servings. The calorie break down is (carbs, fat, protein, etc are all in grams)