Over the Weekend


Twas a wonderful long weekend.

Saturday morning I was up bright and early to hit the Katy Trail for a bike ride. I forgot to check my tire pressure before setting off, so about 3 miles in I had to turn around and head back to my car because it felt like I was having to work way harder than usual. Bike tires can lose pressure crazy fast! After airing up, I simply headed the opposite way of my original route and closed things up with a nice 20.63 mile ride. I’m so glad that I finally invested in a bike! Even though it’s not a road bike and it a hybrid, I still plan on using it to do a few sprint triathlona and stuff. Maybe some day I will be a big girl and get myself one of those fancy tiny-tire road bikes.

After my bike ride I came home, ate some lunch, and then napped for about an hour. After I got up, I got ready to head to the store to pickup the few things I needed for my deserts I was making for Sunday’s party when some friend’s called and needed a ride back to their truck after kayaking down the river a ways. One quick detour and I was on my way to the grocery shop for double-decker cupcake supplies.

Home and I got everything all put together and iced and refrigerated and then just hung around watching TV for the rest of the night. It was pretty relaxing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sunday, I made breakfast for the first time in forever before cleaning up the kitchen and heading to my parents for their yearly Memorial weekend party. There were a bunch of little kids there and that really made the party a lot of fun watching them swim and be general hams for everyone.

Monday M and I got up and hit the Katy again for another quick bike ride (his first of the year!). Even though we rode the exact same line he wound up with a mile more than I did. Which was crazy considering we use the same apps and everything on our phones. After bike riding, someone decided that he needed some home-made strawberry jelly, so we headed over to Eckert’s to pick some strawberries and have lunch.

It was entertaining to see all the people who would wait in line, ride out to the strawberry fields, and then come back with maybe a half pound of strawberries. I guess most people don’t go out there with the intention of making jelly and requiring a shit-load of berries, but I just thought it was a little weird. I mean if you are going to go through all the work, why don’t you at least get a nice bunch of strawberries?

M and I wound up with nearly 17 pounds worth of berries. We gave some to his mom and then kept some for myself and my dad. The rest we juiced up to make jelly. My KitchenAid mixer has to be one of my most favorite things I’ve bought in the past couple of years! Another thing I’m so glad I made an investment in.

After all that over the course of the weekend, it was a little hard to get up and get going this morning. I’m hoping to take my new trail shoes for a spin on the trails tonight, since I haven’t run since the Zoo 5k. Hopefully these sketchy-ass clouds go away!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s