And we are officially on to day two of the new year! I can’t believe how fast 2017 seemed to go by, but I for one am pretty glad to see it go.
It wasn’t the best year for me personally. I struggled in many things, and definitely felt overwhelmed by stuff for the majority of the year. I let my eating go to crap for the better half of the year, and not being able to exercise like I had been, I have gained weight and lost some of my fitness and progress in yoga.
Another thing I struggled with hard last year was anxiety. There were a lot of moments where I just felt like everything was totally beyond my control and that no matter what I seemed to do, I felt constantly behind the eight ball, so to speak.
But a new year brings about the promise of change and a fresher mind-set. There are several things that I struggled with that are finished now, so I am going into 2018 with some new goals to help get my life where I want it to be. I’m not going to say that I will 100% have my shit together at the end of 2018, because I don’t know if anyone really has their shit together ALL the time, but I am going to make an effort to have it together most of the time!
And I know what you’re probably thinking-“Oh, here’s another post with more “goals” that she doesn’t ever achieve or even seem to work towards after a few weeks”. I get that because that is completely what I’ve done in the past. But new leaves and shit like that ok? Plus, I wrote down my goals, and then further proceeded to break them down into steps and things to do to achieve them. So that’s a push-off the right foot yeah?
So, anyways, goals.
I have four main areas I want to focus on this year. Those are my Hobbies/Business, Fitness, Health/Personal, and Financial (always the financial aspect). So for my Hobby/Business area, I want to focus on:
- -Launching Antler & Bow (my Etsy shop. I am currently curating some designs for vinyls, but am thinking of expanding a bit into other ventures)
- -Developing my blog and Instagram.
- -Take more pictures and work on my photography skills
- -Do more art/crafting. I love painting, knitting, crocheting, etc.
- Develop and maintain a consistent workout routine.
- Hike longer trails/start trail running
- Develop a strong yoga practice
- Break 3 hours in a half marathon
- Cut back on gluten, refined sugars, and soda
- Make & bring my lunch 3x a week minimum
- Maintain a beauty regimen
- Stop wearing my hair up so much
- Take my vitamins and shit every day like I’m supposed to
- Pay off my credit cards
- Build my credit score
- Start saving
- Balance my bank account better
So, there in black and white are my goals for the year. I’ll check back in perhaps quarterly with updates on how things are going in each of these areas. And if you guys have any kind of feedback regarding what you might want to see here on the blog, let me know!
So, here’s to hoping for a happier, healthier, and more prosperous 2018!