This weekend was pretty fantastic!

Saturday I got up did some stuff around the house and then grabbed my bike and headed out to the Katy Trail to get in my first ride of the year. I drove out to Defiance and got all settled in and headed off towards Augusta. I rode just past Augusta and then turned around and headed back towards my car for a total of 15.25 miles. The trail was pretty nice, with a few spots that were washed out and a spot that had been repaired. It was definitely sunny and warm when you weren’t in the shaded parts of the trail, but for the most part it was tolerable. IMG_1761IMG_1768IMG_1769

After my bike ride I hung out for a bit and had a grape soda at the bike stop before packing my bike back onto my car and heading home. There I changed into shorts (shocking!) and proceeded to clean out my car. Now my living room is filled with all the crap out of my car and my car is pretty clean on the inside. The dogs and I chilled for a bit then I put on jeans and headed out to hit up the gas station, car wash, and grocery stores. I decided to grill hot dogs and pineapple for dinner, and I picked up a couple of things for Sunday’s dinner. I need to get my May dinner calendar finished up so I can know what I’m planning on making. After that it was just chill at home and watch some TV until bedtime.

Sunday I got up, got ready, and headed out the door to photograph the cutest, most squishy-cheeked baby around and his family. It was shaping up to be a pretty warm day by 10 o’clock but everyone managed to push through like champs and we got some really cute shots. I’ve been editing them through-out the day today and I just about die every time I see his chunky little self on my screen.

Then I headed back home and attempted to get the whole bush situation in front of the house under control. I hate those bushes with a passion, but they are nearly impossible to pull out without them being dead and they are almost impossible to kill, so I had to do something. Post-pruning I took a quick little nap and then headed out the door for photography session number 2 for the day.

I hit up Busch WIldlife again and this time got the pleasure of working with two black labs who are trained in Search & Rescue. They were phenomenally well-behaved and it was pretty awesome to watch them both work a little bit. I haven’t had a chance to go through all their photos yet today, but I’m thinking we got some pretty awesome shots. Then it was one more trip through the car wash and home to grab my running shoes and then out to Indian Camp Creek to get a run in. I put in two miles, and then hurried back home to make dinner. IMG_1770IMG_1772

I thought I had plenty of time to chill before bed, but M decided we needed some froyo so a quick trip into town procured some of that and we had a pretty decent dessert for the evening.

On deck this evening I have a run schedule after hopefully getting my allergy shots. Three miles on the schedule and I even managed to pack a bag so I can run on the trail instead of heading back to Indian Camp Creek. Woot Woot!



2 Comments Add yours

  1. Sounds like a great weekend, and I hope you have a great week, too!!

  2. Sounds like it was a successful cycling day 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s